Thursday, January 11, 2007

Casi un ano despues, ya echo de menos sevilla

So I believe that it was about a year ago that I made my first entry in this legendary blog. Wow, how time flies. My friend from high school is getting ready to take her second semester excursion to the lovely southern comfort of the Iberian Peninsula. Sigh. What a crazy/exciting/scary time that was! Little did I know the amazing adventure that I was in for. All the memorable times and friendships and experiences. I have literally been talking about Sevilla CONSTANTLY for the past few days. Melissa and I are neighbors and we cry about missing Sevilla, um, all the time. We had a class together and she would write poems for her thesis about Spain and show them to me all the time. Stacey and I, in those rare times our schedules match and we can meet up, cry about Sevilla all the time. I miss that place so damn much I cannot even tell you. I guess I'll get into more detail about it on an entry I will make on the anniversary of my first day of study abroad.
What provoked this entry was something very coincidental that happened this morning; my new favorite tv show is on the Travel Channel, it's called "Passport to Europe." In each episode the host, Samantha Brown, visits a different European city. Well, it just so happens that this morning she went to Seville. I was freaking out! She went to the Cathedral, the Alcazar, Garlochi (that terrible yet fun Semana Santa bar), stayed at the Dona Maria, ate jamon serrano and queso manchego...sigh. It was so funny to see her walk down my streets...my beloved Sevilla streets. Honestly, I get choked up when I think about that place. I have been looking at random U of M kids' facebook photos who are on academic year there. I can't wait till Marissa, my friend from hs, puts up pictures. I will stalk her. I will talk about this more in due time, but all in all, I cannot BELIEVE how much I miss Sevilla...and Europe at that! I was not expecting to miss it this much. I would give ANYTHING to go back. When I left Spain I was ready to leave, and during the summer and the first half of last semester I was okay with being home. I guess I was caught up in the novelty and excitement of being back. Now that it's been almost a year I am so present to how amazing that experience was. And I miss it. I'm taking a theatre class for which I have to write plays sometimes, and today I wrote a play based off of the Velazquez painting, "Las Meninas." I even named characters after Sevillanos that I knew/met. Sigh. I MISS IT! ECHO DE MENOS SEVILLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home